instead.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Our week | Nov 3-11



Today was the Primary program at church, and I have to admit I was pretty teary eyed. It made me feel like Siri was very grown up—a real, little kid, not my toddler. As always, our child provided the comic relief (you know how there is always that ONE sunbeam—yep, it's ours). Other than the hysterical faces, the head shaking (which she managed to get Kate to help her with), the high pitched vibrato singing, and the look of "why in the world am I still up here?," she did very well in the program.

She had two lovely speaking parts that we had practiced at home. The first thing she needed to say was "go to church." She was the first sunbeam to go up. She first surveyed the crowd, then very clearly said her line.

The second time she went up she was suppose to say, "pray." Lachelle, the primary president, told her what to say, and very clearly into the mic she said, "Is that what I am suppose to say?" Everyone laughed, and then Siri said, "PUT." I guess she had misunderstood Lachelle because PUT isn't exactly PRAY.

A great first Primary program for her adoring parents!

This is Siri's Sunbeam class: Siri, Laneah, Kate, Kyah, and Aubrey. They are a darling little bunch of girls!

5 comments:

Susanne said...

That made me laugh! What a cutie! We had our primary program today, too. The Sunbeams are always so entertaining. :-) Kaitlyn will be a Sunbeam in January (since she turned three in July) and I know I'm going to be teary-eyed the whole time when she has her first Primary program.

Karin Hopkins said...

I'm glad we could be back in contact too! You have a very cute family! Its funny that you have two girls as well! And the second has red hair just like my Sarah! You'll have to email me some time and tell me what you've been up to, mermaidkea@hotmail.com. Hope we can chat soon!

Jenni said...

SO cute!!! We had our Primary program a few weeks ago too--Caden had a quick part and did pretty good. IT's so fun to watch them all sing...we're getting old having kids old enough to be in SUnbeams!!! ahh!

SuiKim & Steven Friedmann said...

I laugh out loud when I hear about crazy Siri! All I have to say is: I have THE cutest nieces!

Grandma Mary said...

Hey, you Minnesotan sandbaggers! You never told me that Siri was in the Primary program this year, and I was too dense to figure it out for myself. Guess I was thrown since Caroline's first was after she had turned 4. I LOVE the photos of those cute little Sunbeams. I'm so glad Siri has such sweet friends. Can't believe how big Felicity is getting already. Can't wait to see her next month. I love you all!